Tuesday, December 21, 2010

peace and gratitude

I had a really sweet day today, sad and lonely at first, the mind busy with thoughts about what could be better. I cried some and took a long nap, and that was nourishing. Then I talked with a friend who is in The Work, and I got to see how if I will treat myself like a dear loved one, there is peace, and gratitude. I like my company, I'm easy (for me) to get along with, we like all the same music and food! So the rest of the day was delightful, I walked by the river, cooked some yummy food, and enjoyed the peace that was so deeply and readily available.

I am continually amazed by the transformations that are available with the simple process of questioning stressful thinking. I say it's simple. It is that, and lasting change is also a long process in my experience. It is the undoing of generations of thought. I started this process in 2003, and often wish it was moving along faster with it's evolution in me, but hey, that's just another stressful thought!! I am grateful for this tool that rocks my world.

What I know is when I'm hurting, I'm believing something that isn't true for me. It can be a puzzle to figure out what it is, but once I get to it, always peace, space, aliveness returns, and I am so grateful.

Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment