Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday

This morning David and I had a sweet snuggly morning time curled up in bed. He still has a bad cough, so our quiet moments were regularly interrupted, but it was nice to be close just the same. From my perspective he is the clearest he's been since hospice got involved 2 1/2 weeks ago. He says he's very foggy and confused, but I see a combination of clarity and confusion. At one point we were talking about his inquiry yesterday about "just lying down and dying." David isn't sure he can actually do that, but he thinks it may be worth a try when he's ready. First he wants to see Lucretia's baby. Anyway, at some point when we were holding hands and sitting with our temples touching, David said solemnly, "I hope things go well with Cameron." Knowing he meant "After I'm gone," I had a flood of tears thinking about how amazing it's been to have David in our lives as a nurturing, smart, fun, loving man, and how incredible it is that one day soon he won't be here. I imagine it will be both a relief and a great sadness when that day comes.

Margaret and Charles spent the afternoon here. It's lovely to have them nearby. They are deciding when exactly they will head off to Florida, and by car or by plane, probably in early November. Then they will return when things get closer for David.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment